Monday, April 11, 2016

What it is like to be a woman!

What it is like to be a woman?

I was asked not that long ago what it was like to be a woman by my son. It took me a while to answer it and I still don't think I answered it very well. I went to Facebook and asked my friends what their opinion was. The response was overwhelming to say the lease.

Being a woman is both the greatest and the worst thing that could happen. We are expected to do so much but are looked at as the weaker sex. How is that possible? How can we do everything that a man can do but be looked down upon in the same breath? 

A good friend of mine puts it perfectly, "We are not designed to do everything that a man can do, we are designed to do everything that a man can not do!" Thank you so much Diane for putting it into words so easy to understand.

Yes a man may be able to open the lid on that jar you were thinking of just breaking to get the contents out of, but can they do the same things you can do? Can they cook dinner, talk on the phone and help with homework all at the same time? 

I love all the men in my life but honestly it is frustrating to be around them every once in a while. They think if you are having an emotional day it has to be because you are on your period. I haven't had a period in 4 years!!! Stop using that tired excuse when you don't know how to deal with our emotions.

Men, you want to make the woman in your life happy? Give her a day off from being the glue that holds everything together. Let her know you still think she is the most beautiful person in the world, even first thing in the morning when her hair is a mess and her breathe smells like a skunks ass. Call your Mom tell her you love her. Grab the kids and take them out for the day. 

Also men when we are telling you our problems, we do not want you to fix them, we just want you to listen.

Being a woman is probably the hardest and most rewarding thing there is, We get to carry another life in our bodies. We get looked down on because we were born with a vagina. Why? 

Ladies next time you are feeling down, just think "I wasn't designed to do everything a man can do, I was designed to do everything a man can't do."  Words to live by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment